Attorney in Evansville, Indiana
Shaunda Lynch began her legal career in 2000, after graduating from Western Washington University and Willamette University College of Law. She is licensed in both Indiana and North Carolina. Shaunda relocated to Evansville and married Evansville native Chad Schmidt in November, 2000. She began in private practice, emphasizing in medical malpractice defense, business/corporate law, and intellectual property and expanded into family law with two local firms.
In 2002, she joined the Vanderburgh County Prosecutor’s office as a Deputy Prosecutor, where she spent six years focusing on the prosecution of impaired drivers. While there, she received M.A.D.D. Indiana’s Prosecutor of the Year award for 2005, as well as recognition as one of Indiana’s Outstanding Prosecutors for 2005, as awarded by the Governor Council on Impaired and Dangerous Driving. In 2008, her family moved to Asheville, North Carolina, where she served as Assistant District Attorney for Buncombe County and emphasized in child abuse and sex offense cases. In 2009, Shaunda moved back to Indiana and was appointed Chief Deputy Prosecutor for Perry County, Indiana.
As a prosecutor, Shaunda has been considered an expert on impaired driving offenses and has extensive trial practice in all criminal matters. In that regard, Shaunda has been asked to serve several times as a faculty member for the Indiana Prosecuting Attorney’s Council Annual Trial Advocacy Course – teaching new prosecutors trial skills and practices, as well as serving as an instructor for the Southwestern Indiana Law Enforcement Academy in 2006, 2007 and 2008.
Shaunda joined Foster, O’Daniel, Hambidge & Lynch in 2011, and focuses on DUI/criminal defense, divorce, personal injury, estate planning, business law and intellectual property. She completed Intoximeter EC/IR II Operator Training Course taught by Dr. Alfred Staubus, PharmD, PhD in 2014.
Shaunda is or has been a member of numerous civic organizations, including:
- Youth Resources of Southwestern Indiana Board of Directors (2006-2008; Present)
- Vanderburgh County Teen Court Program (2006-2008; Present)
- Evansville Chamber of Commerce Transportation Committee (2000)
- Arts Council of Southwest Indiana Board of Directors (2000-2003, Officer)
- Vanderburgh County Law Library Foundation Board of Directors (2000-2008, Officer)
- Indiana Criminal Justice Institute Board of Trustees member (2004-2005)
- M.A.D.D. Indiana State Advisory Board (2005- 2008)
- Indiana Prosecuting Attorney’s Council Prosecutor Mentors Group (2003- 2011)
- Vanderburgh County Drug Court Team Member (2007-2008)
- Perry County Drug Court Team Member (2009-2011)
- Perry County Community Foundation Board Member-elect (2010)
- Perry County Junior Women (2010)
- Fraternal Order of Police Member Lodge #137 (2009-2011)
- National College of DUI Defense (2011)
- Current State of DWI Defense
- ICLEF 2013
- Selected for the 2013 Edition of ‘The Best Lawyers in America’
Shaunda and her husband, Chad, have two sons, Hunter and Marshall.
Please call Shaunda for assistance at (812) 424-8101, send her an email at moc.w1500885328alhof1500885328@hcny1500885328ls1500885328, or find her on Facebook.
Contact Shaunda for a FREE Case Evaluation